Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wishing to look up

I'm tired of looking down
And not being able to look around
And letting the small things pass me by
Just because I think my life is a lie
I try to be the person they want me to be
But I'm not, and this they cannot see
I wish that I could just be my self
Because I believe everyone should be them-self
And not be judge on what you wear
Because who gives you the right to compare
Just because someone's different
Doesn't give you the right to act belligerent
So walk away from society's norm
And begin your new reform
Now your shackles are broken
And life don't need to go unspoken
So speak out
And just let your voice shout
Because no voice should go unheard
So walk away from the herd
And do what you want
That will lead you to vaunt
Because everyone deserves to be who they choose
It's your identity that you should never loose
So don't do what others say
Because they will lead you astray
So listen to your heart
And show off your art
Because you are better the you think you are
To yourself you should always be a star

No comments:

Post a Comment